8.02.2010

Summer of Sewing

With Kenyon at his new job, a little more than a month away from school and myself occupied only by a part time / at home job, I have had ample time to devote to creativity. Though I am working ahead on homework and preparing for Fall classes, I tend to have plenty of hours in the day to spend however I want to. This is both revolutionary and wonderful.

Janelle (my maid of honor and a best friend) came to visit in July, bringing with her a generous amount of creativity as well as the all important knowledge of the inner workings of my sewing machine. She fixed it up, showed me how to work it, supplied me with yards of garage sale fabric and set me loose.

Since her visit, I have found such joy in sewing and creating. I've added decorative edges to otherwise plain pillowcases, learned to take in clothes that were too large, made curtains, throw pillows, and now- my personal favorite - I've created a little carrying case for my iPhone. The minute my sewing world met my Apple world, my life was complete.

Beyond that, I've been painting picture frames, knitting, re-arranging furniture, and having a generally creativity-laden summer. Couldn't be happier.


(Kilo has of course enjoyed the whole ordeal.
The introductionof any kind of moving string
into our daily lives is much appreciated by the cat.)

No comments: