8.17.2010

Sharing the Wealth

I had read some of the most beautiful, intelligent and thought provoking books, papers and sermons since having started my seminary education. Unfortunately, I’ve read all sorts of silly things too, but the wisdom has thus far outweighed the folly.

I intend to share bits of it on this blog, as long as you permit me to do so. I’ll start including some quotations along with my posts; please find the first below. I hope that these small bits of wisdom encourage and impact your lives, as they have mine.

“The world of Scripture is not satisfied with claiming to be a historically true reality-- it insists that it is the only real world...The Scripture stories do not court our favor, they do not flatter us... They seek to subject us, and if we refuse to be subjected, we are rebels”

Auerbach, as quoted in Preaching the Old Testament

If anyone wants more information about where the quotations came from, or would like to talk with me about it further, just let me know. :)

I start school next week and about to be immersed in the world of Scripture like I’ve never been before. I’m taking two intense exegesis classes, two preaching classes and several other language and ministry classes. I’m excited for the challenge and the pace of a full load.
Love to you all. Knowing that there are people all over the country, and perhaps the world, loving you and caring about you is a really beautiful reality. Thanks for making it so.

No comments: