1.17.2008

Welcomed by the Snow

Bonne journee!

Greetings from New Hampshire, home of the snow storm, the bitter cold, and the live-free-or-die mentality. All is going well; Kenyon spent the week training for his job, I am settled comfortably in at the church, and we're as happy as ever tucked under a roof with the Fulford family.

We endured our first NorEaster (North-Eastern snowstorm) on Monday, when the Fulfords and I were snowed in from work (but worked from home). No tv-watching, snuggling-under-the-covers snow days around here. Since they happen so frequently, everyone's used to working from home. But let's be honest, work is soo different when you're in your pajamas with a kitty curled up on your lap. TOTALLY different. That was Monday for me. Kenyon plowed through the snow later in the day to get to work, though. He's such a champ.

Nothing very different this week to report... just that we're falling in love with this area of the country. People are certainly different here. There is a true spiritual vacuum... it's just not the Bible Belt mentality that we're used to. It's refreshing, almost. It's hard to find a lukewarm Christian here...

We're gearing up for another storm tonight. I need to get to work so I can get home in plenty of time. We miss you all and think about you often. Take care, dear friends!

2 comments:

The McKnights said...

Hooray!!! Super...snowy...full of impact...and passion for ministry...cute...following God's vision...and bringing joy to my heart! Those are the things that I felt as I read your blog this morning. Thanks for checking in with us. We miss you guys too. I'm excited to follow your journey. God bless you guys!

Unknown said...

I love a good snow storm (as long as you don't have to go anywhere too far)!

Remember that blizzard we got last year where people were literally snowed inside their houses and stuff?

I am glad things are transitioning so well for you guys. I love ya both. I'm excited to see the inside of your new place.

teece

http://enthroned98.wordpress.com