3.29.2010

If I Could Be Anywhere in the World...

... it would probably be right here.

March has been a really beautiful month. Especially in the last couple weeks, I've settled into a routine that energizes, strengthens and calms me. Everything about "the average day in the life of Michelle" is pretty wonderful.

In the last couple of weeks, I've only been subbing once a week, and then tutoring later in the afternoon. I'm only at school twice a week, leaving two empty days at home. This has been a pretty wonderful arrangement, to which I am becoming quite attached.

On such days, I get up at 6:00.
I've discovered that I am the most productive between the hours of 6 and 9, as after 9 my attention is shifted tremendously. I have a horrible tendency to start baking without any warning. Recently, it's been strawberry muffins.

As early as possible, I work on homework. I've remembered that I need to spread out my subjects, working on everything a bit every day. Apparently, with marriage comes a terribly inconvenient shortening of attention span.

During homework sessions, Kilo keeps me company by sleeping at my feet, on the guest bed, or occasionally, sprawled across my keyboard. Coincidentally, the temporary title of today's Greek Notes is something like, Gre999999999999999999k Notttttttjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjes.

Homework is wonderful. Something clicked in my head and I've finally realized that I like to read my homework. I can now look forward to reading about Greek participles, amillenialism, the book of Colossians or church government. I'm finally in a stage in my education where everything that I read interests me, at some level.

I keep the blinds flung open and music playing often. Kenyon gets home around 1:00, when he's usually up to running a couple of errands and helping me tidy and get things done. We make dinner, we watch TV, see friends and relax. We go to bed early.

And then I get to get up early the next day and go to school.

I love this life.

No comments: