8.17.2009

Dad's Luau... our latest excitement.

That's right... we went to a luau this weekend. Dad and Wendy got married New Year's Eve last year with a super small ceremony, and planned themselves a smashin' luau for a much-later-and-bigger reception. It was Saturday, and it was fun. Enough fun, that it woke me from my I-forget-to-blog slumber. Pictures first:

Kenyon and I luau-ing.

Dad & Wendy... matching. (tee hee)

The PIG that was cooking IN THE PIT all night.
Dug up and eaten. Delicious.

Enter tropical paradise here.

Dad's greenhouse turned tiki hut. Woot.

It was a great time. A neat event in the middle of an otherwise monotonous August. We've had the pleasure of seeing Mom & Kenny a couple of times this summer, and even getting up to Chicago for pre-wedding festivities for Kenyon's long time friend Jonah, but other than that... same 'ol.

We're solidying plans for this January (when we're planning to re-arrange our lives a little bit) and will blog at that point. No point in me speculating and then changing details for you later. We'll fill you in soon. :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool! I bet they enjoyed the reception more that way. I just went to a wedding a few weeks ago that was on the beach! Most comfortable wedding I ever attended!

tc